Friday, December 31, 2010

Memories of 2010

Wow!  So much has happened this year!  Our family has once again been incredibly blessed.  We are not ending the year, not to mention the decade,  any wealthier or better off, however we are healthy, happy and we have each other.  Here are some of the things we'll remember about 2010:

1. The ice storm that left us without electricity for three straight days.  It swear it felt much longer than that!!!  I learned alot about myself.  Like I would never have survived living on the prairie, I wasn't made for winter and I take a lot more for granted than I truely realize.

2. I planted my first garden and it actually produced all the way into November!!!  It was great watching it grow and being able to walk out my door to grab tomatoes, peppers, squash, and zucchini. I will definately do it again in 2011.


3. I finished my last year at Lincoln.  It was my first public school job.  I started out teaching fourth grade and the following years after that I was blessed with the opportunity to teach first.  It's where my classroom was located for 7 years.  I feel like I did a lot of growing up and learning about the world and myself there. 

4. Our family vacation to San Antonio.  It was so much fun!  Even if we lost Lilly at the hotel, D cut his toe at Sea World, it stormed while we were there and our whole half side of town was without electricity an a/c for the entire night.  Except for all that, we had a great time...D fed the dolphins, the Riverwalk was beautiful, and we found a restaurant ALMOST as good as Ted's!

5. I did a book study with some friends in my house over Femenine Appeal.  It was awesome and something I can't wait to take part in again.  Hmm wonder what we'll read next???

6. Started the school year in a different building.  The building I actually went to kindergarten, first and second grade in.  It was interesting and felt like I had come full circle. I teach right next door to my own first grade teacher now!

7. D started kindergarten and his reading has taken off!!!  I'm so excited to listen to him read to me. 

8. L started speech.  It has been a blessing for us all.  She's only been going one day a week but we've seen so much progress in only a short amount of time.

9. My sister and I started a monthly girls night out.  Each month we take turns choosing the restaurant and activity (usually shopping, but we're both good with that!).  I think we're closer than we've been in a LONG time and we have a blast when we get to go!

10. Christmas 2010:  We all got sick, we kinda missed out on a normal Christmas for our family and L had her tonsils and adenoids removed. May not be the greatest ending to the year BUT we are all on the mends and hopefully L will be more healthy in the new year :)


Happy New Year to all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment