I have been inspired over the past year by some wonderful ladies. A friend of mine who kept the kids last year reminded me of just how much I like to sew. Mom taught me when I was younger how to use the sewing machine. Then I got my own sewing machine the Christmas before D was born. He made me what I thought was busy, but then as we all know Lilly came along! LOL! Anyway I wanted to share my very first creation with you, the little blue and brown polka-dot sundress. Check out the pics. It's was alot of fun and I can't wait to make something else!!!
I also have been inspired to do a garden. A few of my friends and my MIL do one every year. Mom also had one when we were kids. I remember doing tomatoes and carrots specifically. When we were looking at the house before we bought it I began toying around with the idea of having a garden this year. If you know me at all though I have the brownest thumb ever. I can not get ANYTHING to grow. Everything that comes into my house dies unless it is the ivy living in the jar of water on my fireplace mantle. However, there is an area fenced off from the front and backyard that gave me the idea. The dogs can't get to it and it gets plenty of sunshine. So I did it...with caution. I talked to my friends and MIL and asked questions. What's the easiest to grow? and specifically how can I be successful with tomatoes (they're my favorite!!!)? Following their advice and with help from our friend Ryan who tilled the yard (after cutting and fixing our cable line all in the same trip...much thanks to him btw) my garden is growing. I've also posted pics of it. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'll be even more happy though and proud when I actually get some food out of it. Hopefully I can post those pics for you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment