Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Strength Comes from Him

So there is so much going on in our lives right now.  It's quite overwhelming.  First of all we are remodeling our kitchen.  A few weeks ago I was saying how happy I was that it wasn't stressing me out but I feel it coming with school about to start on Monday.  There are no cabinet doors on my cabinets.  Everything is bare...my kitchen is naked!  Not to mention half of it has been sanded and the other half is still waiting for me to get to it. 
Then there's the fact that everything at school is new.  I mean NEW!  I will be in a new building, with a new principal, going through a new phonics program as well as starting Great Expectations.  I'm excited about all of it and I know change is sometimes good so I'm trying to look at this from an optimistic perspective.   I keep thinking maybe all of this wouldn't seem so hard though if it didn't mean sending my own two children off to school.  D will be starting Kindergarten this year.  I believe this is going to be as hard as sending him to Pre-K for the first time.  When did my baby boy grow up so quickly?  The blessing in this however is that he has a wonderful teacher this year.  I worked with her in one of our workshops this week and must say I immediately felt a peace come over me when she introduced herself to me and we got to talk. 
L will begin her second year of daycare.  No, I am still not thrilled with this situation and if I could change it I would, but I am thankful for it regardless.  They do take good care of her and she is getting a lot of interaction with other children that she wouldn't have otherwise. 
Have I mentioned how overwhelmed I am?  I feel as if I am on a rollercoaster.  One minute I am very excited about all of it.  The next I am freaking out...How am I going to accomplish all I need to and still be a good mom/teacher?!
Thankfully the Bible has answers for this question:

  •  I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Phillipians 4:13)
  • I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:4)
  • Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (Psalm 34:10b)
  • When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. (Psalm 34:17)
  • My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)
  • Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock. (Isaiah 26: 3-4)
  • O Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress. (Jeremiah 16:19)
  • If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. (Matthew 17:20)
  • My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9a)


I do this way too often.  I let my fears and anxieties take over even when I know this is not the solution.  These verses remind me however that I don't have to do it all on my own.  God is more than strong enough and sufficient enough to help me take all of it on!!!  So I will go from here with a different outlook.  "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust." (Psalm 18:2)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you as you get to the end of your first week. Hope all the wrinkles are smoothing out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete