Our story is just that...our story. We believe that God has richly blessed our family and given us a wonderful story to share with so many others who are facing what we have...infertility, the miracle of adoption, and finally having a biological child of our own. It is our hope that through our story we can bring comfort and hope to many other families.
Our story began about 10 years ago when Josh and I met. We fell in love and were married two years later. I immediately wanted to have children, but Josh and I both agreed it was best to wait for me to graduate from college and get a job. I always had things planned to a T. Everything was going to happen in a specific order, but God had more in store for us. Our plans of getting a job out of college happened, but having children was a little more difficult. We tried for 3 long, difficult years without anything. I knew I didn't want to do invitro or anything like that. I told Josh fertility drugs were as far as I was willing to go. We also began looking into adoption. My father is adopted and I had always felt drawn towards that. We began the paper work and six months later went to the adoption seminar at Deaconess. They were a Godsend. We love the ladies there by the way! After the seminar we filled out MORE paperwork, but procrastinated probably more that we ever should have. A week after we mailed it back to Deaconess, they called. "A beautiful baby boy was born yesterday, and the mother has chosen you." Those were the most BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL words I've ever heard in my life!!!! We brought him home and didn't think about fertility drugs for another two years. Then one morning during my prayer time God led me to begin praying for our second child. Within the following two months we had FIVE failed adoptions. We began thinking this wasn't what God wanted for us and decided to try fertility drugs again. We thought..."our chances of adopting again are better that getting pregnant." Of course we were wrong. After our first round of clomid we found out were pregnant!!! Our baby girl is now 4 mo old. We do not deserve all that God has blessed us with. It's been an amazing journey. The funny thing is this is only the beginning of our story. What else does God have planned? Only He knows. What we've learned is that we HAVE TO trust HIM and him alone! His plans are perfect. He holds the answers to all our questions and He can take care of us better than anyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment